Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Final Week: Saturday

Two checked, one carry-on and a large purse.

Aside from the few things I'm not bringing I think I'm all packed.  It's bitter sweet really.  We did laundry a few days ago to make sure everything I had was clean.  Of course I've been wearing some of those clean items so there'll be laundry to do when I get back to California.  Hi Mom!  :)

Oddly enough, I thought about this.  Gunton helped me sort out my clothes and those that were going were at the foot of the bed while those that were staying were at the head of the bed.  There was symbolism in that.  I might be overly educated.  I was going to reverse it but I figured that it'd be far more symbolic that the feet carry you away though the heart might want to remain.  Yes, it's sappy and disgusting, I know.  Like I said, I've over educated.

Mom had sent a lot of Union Flag items for the party next sunday and I stuck those in my largest carry-on.  To be honest, all the non-clothing items took up more room than my clothing does.  Strange.  Once those were in I started to pack my clothes around them, trying to keep them somewhat cushioned.  I don't have anything really breakable but some of the stuff is crushable.  My large pack was not large enough to fit everything so we had to find another one, a pack that belonged to the Gunton's mother.  I was able to fit most of my clothes in that.  I really don't have a lot of clothes.  And that which doesn't fit, will be going with me on my carry-on.  And then there's my purse.  It's big and it's pink so it can fit a lot of stuff.  Take note in the picture:

Mummy & Daddy Gunton, my Gunton and me


That's going to carry Bob, Mac and all their wires and things.  Note the size of said bag.  That was a Christmas present from my brother and his fiancée a few years ago.  It's large enough, I think, to hold a 17" powerbook and a phone plus anything else I will eventually stuff inside of it.

The next step is to weigh everything and make sure that I'm not over my allowed limit.  I get 2 checked bags that cannot be over 23kg in weight and 1 carry on no heavier than 10kg.

But I think I am ready and if I had to leave today, I think I'd be ready.  I'm just glad I don't have to.

There are a few items of clothing that are hanging over the foot of the bed, but those are a pair of jeans and some shirts I plan on wearing so I didn't bother packing them.

All I need to do now is print my itinerary and make sure I know where my phone charger is, my headphones and everything else.

Just a few more days and then I get to unpack it all.  Oh joy.  I hate unpacking almost as much as I hate packing.

No comments: