Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Route

For the curious among you I believe this shall be my route:

Day one: 80 east, stop for the night in Battle Mountain, NV
Day two: Continue on 80E, 84/15 North right after Salt Lake City and stop for the night in Pocatello, Idaho
Day three: Continue on 15N then head east on 20 where I should enter Yellowstone at the West entrance. From there it'll be a drive until I hit 89N and this should take me to the North Entrance.

I should be hitting about 300 miles a day, give or take a few. I figure I can go about this far on a tank of gas, maybe. Hopefully, if not, oh well...

And each day I will try and find a Starbucks, order something and upload pictures and whatnot. It should be a long but beautiful drive.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

You can make SLC in one day, easy, assuming you plan to leave early in the morning. It's a long drive, but what's the point in stopping early when you don't have anything to do where you're stopping?

Unknown said...

Hmm, true, and good to know.