Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My name is Ein. At least, that's how C says my name. He is quite vocal and not at all shy about coming to me for anything he might want. Chia and I have already seemed to form a routine. Much like a cat, C is a huge help in the kitchen so one of us cooks while the other watches and entertains him while he sits at the table and eats snacks. And with the combined power of 2, both adults are actually able to eat an entire meal.

We arrived at the farm a bit after 3 and unpacked, had a snack and set up shop then we went to the playground by the Farm Store where C got to play around and Chia and I were able to check our mail and do stuff online. Then a little before 6 it was time to head home and get supper ready. I entertained C while Chia cooked some rice and vegetables. I actually ate some, though not all, and finished off the rest of the chicken tenders I had had from an all-nighter place my cousins had taken me to that the local Vanderbilt University students use instead of their library. There was plenty of rice left after dinner and I am sure that we'll have left-overs for dinner tonight.

The sun went down and with it we found ourselves heading towards bed as well. Chia and C had a bath and she enjoyed reveling in hot water while I dried him off and let him run around in his birthday suit. He was fine so long as he was able to check in on his mother during his bath. He's fine being with me but Mama has to be within sight.

It was warm and muggy all day yesterday and about 4 in the morning we had a huge thunder storm that woke everyone. The gloriousness of the storm was amazing though the thunder that boomed overhead made it hard to sleep as did the piercing lightening that was bright enough to see even through closed eyelids. Speck didn't really like the thunder it was that loud. I know I found it hard to sleep but eventually I managed to go back to sleep. I woke up at one point and noticed that it was light outside and I remember thinking, before I drifted off back to sleep, that C would wake up soon as Chia had told me he wakes up when the sun does.

Sure enough, not too much longer, I heard him wake up and with him Chia did. I hadn't planned on getting up so early and had every intention of sleeping in just a little longer. I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before, had a hard time getting to sleep and I thought I deserved at least another half hour of sleep. C, however, had different ideas about things and stood at the bottom of the stairs saying, “Ein, Ein, Ein, Ein, Ein,” over and over again until I acknowledged him. Once I answered he wished me good morning and I figured that if I didn't get my butt downstairs I'd be subject to him waking me up.

So I brushed my teeth, entertained him while his mother tried to make pancakes off of a finicky burner. Then I took a shower, while she tried to get him ready for the day. I watched him while Chia showered then, once we were all dressed and packed up, we went into Lawerenceburg, TN which is one of the closest towns to The Farm.

We were out the door and on the road by 9 AM... with a toddler. Yes, he got us up that early. We got into town about 10, looked to see what chinese food places there were as she was searching for a place that had Panda in the title but couldn't find any. We stopped off at Wal-Mart, got a few supplies and then we were hungry again and it was about 11 so we had chinese food for lunch. There was a chinese buffet and C had fun eating rice off of chopsticks.

Then it was time to come home. We got back a bit after noon, got resettled and then it was nap time. C is still not yet asleep but his mama is trying to get him to sleep. He was standing at the foot of the stairs calling me, probably to make sure I was still there. So we had a conversation and eventually Chia was able to pull him away.

Once we are up from our nap we'll probably head to the park where we'll play for a while. Chia and I will take turns checking email and watching C. And then, just about when the comp's battery has died and I have taken several dozen pictures that afternoon, well pack C back into his stroller and walk home and get ready for some supper. I have not yet worked on Mark's blanket though as I am reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. Part I are birth stories which are meant to combat the horror stories that women hear from women who've had births in hospital settings to show a woman that really, birthing is not a horror, pain-filled traumatic experience but an amazing one-if you do it correctly which is through a natural birth. I read a few of the stories then decided to skip most of them and went onto Part II. Which I am finding an interesting read. So far I'd highly recommend my pregnant friends to read it... okay so I only have 2 pregnant friends and one has already read it-in fact, it's her book.

It's currently 1320 and I don't think C is really wanting a nap as he is fussing. I can hear Chia speaking to him in a low, calm voice and he is responding to it.

As for me, I am ready for that nap. It is cool and breezy and the trees are murmuring gently. I can hear birds singing and calling to each other. I'd feel as if I were camping but I'm in a cabin instead of a tent. I have the windows up here wide open to allow as much as the cool, fresh air in as possible. This is what I love about being in the middle of nowhere, you can't hear the highway, or people in general, unless someone passes by. It almost feels as if you are a million miles from nowhere. The only thing that could make this better is if the cabin had more modern amenities.

As it is, not all the outlets work, which isn't all that big of a deal. The septic is very sensitive and can't handle copious amounts of toilet paper... joy. There's no internet in the cabin, which would be convenient. The Farm, however is huge and there are a lot of possibilities for hiking. I was going to bring a pair of keens but I forgot. Chia can't really hike anyway as the trails are a bit too steep for her.

But still, I am sure that tomorrow morning, instead of going into town, we'll take a nice long walk. Walking is good for all of us.


Until the next time, I love you all


EHM

1 comment:

Erudite Aspie said...

Sounds pretty fun actually!