Sunday, April 24, 2011

At the Airport

Several days ago a good friend skyped me and asked if I couldn't travel to TN to stay with his wife, Chia while she enters the last few weeks of her pregnancy with kiddo #2 at The Farm in Summertown, TN. A week and a plane ticket later, I am sitting at the Sacramento International Aiport (SMF) waiting for my flight which should be boarding here soon.

I was originally scheduled to fly out of American Airlines at 1425 on Easter. I was to fly to Dallas and then, from there, to Nashville where my darling cousins would pick me up and let me crash on their couch for the night. Until I tried to check in this morning and discovered, to my very great dismay, that my flight was canceled. A quick internet search got me the 1800 number for AA and a kind lady got me onto a United flight that would send me to Denver and from there I'd head to Nashville (BNA).

The reason why the flight was canceled is because the crew never checked in. Oops. :) I am sure that they're stuck at another airport and were unable to get here. I doubt that they were unable to get out of their hotel.

So instead of heading to Terminal A I am at gate 36 in Terminal B. Boarding is supposed to commence at 1415 (1 minute from now) and is supposed to depart at 1245 but it looks like we might not be leaving until 1500.

On the way here I was quite anxious, and nervous and there is no reason for it to be honest. I'm staying in the Continental US but my last airplane trip ended in disaster.

I am sure that this time around I am not going to find myself detained.

And here is our plane!!! Yay! I am going to head out. I'll update the blog as frequently as I can.

Love to you all-

EHM

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'm tracking your flight. Totally surprising, I realize.