Thursday, October 9, 2008

Snow, Snow, Snow Snow!






















There was supposed to be a fifty percent chance of rain and snow today. I think we should make that a hundred percent chance of snow. We had a few drizzles of snow on the sixth but today the skies turned white and down came the snow. I have been taking pictures like a fool. As soon as I get home I am going to let coops out (after I put on her sweater) and see how she likes the snow. I am so excited about this I can't even begin to tell you guys.

The worst part is, is that I've had Christmas carols stuck in my head all day (notably the refrain from Let It Snow) and it's not even Samhain (Halloween, All Hallows Eve for those of you who don't know). I am already enjoying the snow and I've gotten snow all over me. hehe, this is a blast and a half.

They were calling for snow tires on the southern road to the teatons and then, about 4 this afternoon, they were calling for snow tires on Sylvan Pass (which is the road that leads west into the park from our entrance) and then, about twenty minutes later or thereabouts, they were calling for the pass to be closed until they could get a plow on the road. All of Yellowstone is under snow.

And it's supposed to be worse tomorrow.

They're calling for winter storm warning conditions from friday morning to saturday evening with 5-10 inches of snow tomorrow. Our meadow is just covered in snow, it is just simply beautiful. I am taking pictures and well, I will, hopefully, at some point in time, get pictures up.

Heck, this is cooler than the Buffalo Bill Museum.

And that was kinda cool. Maybe I'll talk about that at a later time. I had meant to on tuesday (when I went) but I had forgotten to. Maybe I should start making lists of things I do and need to post about.

Anyway, I am for home and I am going to make sure the heat is up in my apartment, gonna get the sweater on coops then watch her react to the snow. I am prediciting that she is not going to like it too much. I think her poor toesies (not rosies) are gonna get cold and she's not gonna like it so much.

We shall see.

As ever, love you all and give extra kisses to the Froglet who is, of course, the important one right now. :P

Ehm

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Cooper likes the snow. Didn' think she would but she does.

Erudite Aspie said...

Well so do I, assuming I'm playing in it and not working in it!

Jenn said...

Oh, that was me, not Elizabeth. But I'm sure she'd have said the same!

Unknown said...

It is fun to play in it, although there isn't too much here to allow much "play" and, as I am neighborless again, I don't really have anyone to play with either. However, snow was falling off the roof yesterday and it'd make a noise and it just fall and coops would jump and then try and attack the snow. And then more would fall down, land on her and she'd jump and attack that. I was laughing so hard I nearly peed my pants. She likes the snow. Ah me, snow and water, two things my child is brave enough to attack. :D

Christina said...

I love snow, when I don't have to be in it. I like to sit inside, and watch it outside, while drinking hot cocoa. However, I'm so hot lately I imagine I'd even welcome a bit of snow! I finally told everyone at work I'm pregnant, which is handy, because now I can turn down the a/c without people thinking I'm insane when it's already cool outside.

That must have been so funny with Cooper. She's a nut. You should have had video for it!

The froglet is doing well, I don't think I e-mailed you this but its heartbeat was at 155 at the doctor on Thursday.

Also, er. If you happen to call, and I don't answer my phone, that's because it's not working. I can hear the person on the other end, but they can't hear me. It's very inconvenient. Sort of defeats the purpose of a phone.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear about the froglet doing well. I am so excited!!! Spoke to my sister yesterday and she suggested the convenience of you two having a boy since a friend of hers has a bunch of boy clothes that were meant for Ian but never got to him.

And how did everyone at work react to the preggers news? At least you can turn the AC down as much as you want. hehe, make the suckers bring a jacket. And then, in the middle of winter you can even open a window. (insert evil laugh here).

And yes, I wish I had had a video of it. I was nailing her with snowballs yesterday and the silly girl was going under them to try and catch them. Ah, I need four hands, two to throw the snowballs at her and two more to work the camera.

Jenn said...

Can you bring some snow back with you when you come home?

Christina said...

I'd like some snow, too! I'm still way hot. hmph.

Unknown said...

I could always try and bring snow home but I doubt it'd last. I am anxious to see a swollen belly filled with baby and hon, just be glad that it's heading to winter and not spring while you're hot huh? :P