Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Move Part VII: Out

It took twelve days, or so my sister says, twelve days.  It seems like a month.

 But we're done and we're out.  The house has been cleaned from top to bottom and from end to end.  It's hard to believe but it's done and we're out.  It's very exciting.  Or at least, it would be if I weren't so really tired.  I can barely think I'm so tired.  We were out just before 1 this afternoon.  And then we all three piled into our respective vehicles and on we went with animals on tow to stay the evening with friends in Escalon.  I think that this was the hottest and hardest drive I've ever taken- but only because we're insanely tired.  We managed to get all but one cat, he decided that he didn't want to be around for the clean.  We'll have to find him tomorrow.

And let's not forget the arms- I don't know if I have much strength left in them.  But for the next 12 hours we don't need to worry about anything more than resting.  And tomorrow it all starts back again.  We get the keys and then we unload.

Happily the new house is all one story so we won't have to worry about trying to get things up stairs.  Thank God for small miracles!

Did I mention that we're all moved out?  So very excited about that.

No comments: