Thursday, July 5, 2012

With Mommy Day 3!

Thursday, July 5, 2012


Today is the third day Mom's been here in England and today we are going to Beverley!  She really wants to see the Beverley Minster, which is very beautiful.  After a restful (mostly) night's sleep, Mark & I got up obscenely early to see if he could work today.  He was so close to working this AM but he was sent home.  Sigh.  Well, at least he can spend the day with Mom & me, and I would have sorely missed him had he not been with us (I'm funny like that).
Once we returned home, we made breakfast and then we sat about for a while, eating, talking, digesting.  Finally Mom hopped into the shower, we all got dressed for the day and, after buying cat food (and taking mom on a not good roundabout), we headed to Beverley!  Mark took excellent video from Mom's phone of a couple of roundabouts as we made a stop at the pet store for more cat food.


Our first stop in Beverley was somewhere to park.  We originally parked at the Beverley Tesco but it only has a 3 hour parking limit and we didn't want to feel rushed so Mom & Mark went ahead and I returned for the car, found a pay & display parking lot and met up with them.  When I arrived they were sitting outside, obviously waiting for me.

Beverley Minster


You can, if you try, see them off to the left behind the rows of cars.  They didn't want to go in without me, isn't that nice?

Hi
See, I told you they were waiting for me.  Then we entered and it is just as beautiful and big today as it was when I visited it in October with the Gunton clan.  After paying the £3 fee to take pictures, Mom set about doing just that.  Yes, there is a fee of £3 to take pictures.  She got a badge and everything.



It didn't stick to her shirt too well but, she was officially permitted to take pictures... me, not so much.  She will be uploading the pictures we took at the Minster later today, once we have them off of all the camera devices.  And we have one more device to clear first.

And now, if you're anything like my sister, you wanna know why it's called a Minster.  This is a very good question.  A Minster was a building that was more than just a church but acted also as a town hall.  We're going to see the York Minster either this weekend or early next week.  We haven't decided yet.  We are all a bit tired so we're going to take a nap and then figure out what we plan on doing over the next few days.

Once we were finished at the Minster Mom bought a few postcards and those she wrote, had us sign, applied stamps and then posted.  All right there too!


With that done I was getting hungry so we had to figure out what we were going to do.  There's a place in town called Cactus Jack's and yes, it's a tex-mex place.  I was curious and interested so we walked over and it's only open for dinner on a thursday.  Are you kidding me?  How lame.  LAME!  Did I mention that that's lame?

We then decided that we'd save more money getting a roast chicken at Tesco.  And we did.  We had bread and cheese at home already so Mark ran in, bought a £4 roast chicken and we took it home, ate it with the bread & Leicester (pronounced less-ter) cheese and copious amounts of Diet Coke (and they're not even paying me for the ding!).

It's now 1500 and I am tired.  Mark & I were up at 4:30 this AM and I think it's time for a nap.  I love naps but I feel as if I should be doing something but I don't think that that's going to happen really.  It's been warm and annoyingly muggy all day as the sun's been out, there's been a lot of water in the atmosphere but none of it was falling.  I don't do well when I'm tired, hungry and irritated by the mugginess of the weather.

I had originally planned on making mead braised pork chops but I'm not so sure I'm going to be hungry enough later this evening to even want to think about it.

I suppose we shall see.

And keep your eyes peeled for the Day 3 pictures on Facebook 'ere long.

As for me, I'm snoozing!   











No comments: