Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mommy's Here!

For the last few months my mom has been been planning on visiting Mark & me here in England.  She arrived this morning and we picked her up from the airport in Manchester.  Her plane arrived 20 minutes early and we got stuck in traffic so we were late picking her up.  But we have her!

As soon as I saw her I shouted MOMMY!  Some people looked at me oddly but then I haven't seen my mother in 10 months so they can shove off.  I put a brand new, 02 sim card into her phone but her phone rejected it, wanting only her verizon sim card.  It was frustrating to say the least!

Eventually we gave it up and went home.  We had a 2 hour car drive home over the M62 (the highest motorway in England at 1221'!)  Our satnav doesn't always make it clear that stay to the left doesn't mean get into the left hand land and so we ended up leaving the motorway and we got lost a little until the sat nav could redirect us.

Eventually though we arrived in Hull.  We stopped at home, unloaded Mom's baggage and took a look at what she brought.  It was at this time she went to wash out her contacts and she cut her hand on her razor.  Mark put a bandaid on it, but she bled through that in record time then he patched her up.



One we were ready to head out,  we headed to St. Stephen's Shopping Centre (a mall) and we had a late lunch of hamburgers at the Handmade Burger co. and then we did some grocery shopping.  And because her phone was still rejecting the new sim we went to O2 to see what was up.  The woman said that the phone was unlocked but we needed to connect it to iTunes.

So we finally went back home, I plugged her phone into Bob (my powerbook), connected Blue (her iPhone) into iTunes and, severa hours later, it's still rejecting the new sim... sigh.

But now it's a quarter past 7 and we are eagerly awaiting bedtime.  Mom's been up since 4 PDT (noon GMT) yesterday and she's not slept since.

I think we're all going to sleep well tonight.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I did, but woke up at my usual obscenely early time. My body somehow knows it's six AM here.