Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year

A New Year has arrived and with it a new decade. I am sure the usual has already been said and all the same resolutions that no one plans on keeping past February have already been made and some of them already broken.

I know that I have a few resolutions myself and, believe it or not, I actually intend on keeping them. Happily for me, mine don't require me to get up at 0 dark 30 and pretend I enjoy running. Nah, I know me better than that-when it comes to exercise I'm not capable of kicking my own ass and need someone to do it for me. But, like many out there, it is my intent on loosing some of the weight I have managed to add and get into some shape in the meantime. I have no interest in running a 5K, 10K, half or even full marathon and there mere idea of doing so makes me groan and whimper. I have done a 5K and my lovely sister didn't understand why I wasn't all juiced from it.

My second intent is to continue with my education. Of course, this was my plan last year but... things didn't quite work out. I have hopes to get to the UK in March but my CAS for the 2011/12 school year won't arrive until May. I nearly pulled all my hair out going through this process once... I just hope I don't loose my sanity going through it all a second time. It is, however, all for a good cause. And He of whom I speak know I am referring to him.

As for the rest, well, let's just say that I also intend on maintaining everything I planned on doing.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Let's hope 2011 is better for us, as it has sucked for those of us on this continent. :)

Jenn said...

"It" being twenty-ten, of course. I blame my hypo brain. :)